Medical & Wellbeing Destination
Concept: To create a medical destination in Edina focused not only on medical treatment but a community-based approach focused on wellness and preventative medicine
Project Lead: The Edina Chamber of Commerce and Explore Edina, the city’s visitor’s bureau
Primary Project Partners:
- City of Edina
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Twin Cities Orthopedics
- Children’s Hospital
Discussions have also taken place with other key constituents such as medical practitioners. As the discussion expands and the project progresses, we will bring other creative and innovative minds to the table.
The impetus for starting this conversation stems from the fact that Edina is fortunate to have a strong existing infrastructure that will support expanding the medical and wellness scope. This project is comprehensive in vision involving the following aspects.
- Creation of medical and wellness centers of excellence
- Proactive approach to economic development around the medical and wellness-related assets in Edina
- Assisting medical-related businesses in forming strategic partnerships to further their individual businesses and the community at large
- Encouraging the creation of partnerships within the community to further position Edina as the place to come to be well
As mentioned above, the general direction of this program is community based. We hope to create best practices for other communities in Minnesota to make wellness a realistic reality for all residents.
Independent Director of Strategic Projects
Healthcare, Ryan Companies
Chair of the Medical Destination Board